Next session scheduled for: 22-23 October 2018
What is it?
Our training is offered as a course entitled UX Fundamentals. It takes place over two consecutive day-long sessions, covering core user experience concepts. You’ll discover ways to make your product more pleasurable and easier to use, which will encourage customer loyalty and save you money in the long run.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn key concepts of user experience design and the user centred design process. This includes:
- User research techniques
- Information architecture
- User journeys
- Interaction design
- Usability evaluation
What happens during training?
Over the two days, your trainer will explain the relevant concepts, alongside group and individual practical activities. Plus, you’ll have opportunities to apply what you’re learning to your product.
Do I need prior UX knowledge?
We assume you have no prior training or understanding of UX before signing up. And it doesn’t matter whether your business has been operating for many years or you barely have a minimum viable product (MVP) – UX fundamental training is highly versatile. If you know a little bit about UX, it can help you keep your ideas clear. If you’re a total newcomer, it can start you down a path to designing more customer-friendly products.
- Training is provided at no cost to eligible companies.
- It takes place on-campus at City, University of London.
- You’re asked to arrive at 9.45 for a 10.00 start.
- Sessions usually run until about 17.00.
- To sign up, you’ll need to leave a £50 refundable deposit. This will be returned to you once you’ve completed both days of training.
- You don’t to bring anything to the sessions, but you’ll it’s useful to have something to review. That includes wireframes, either printed out or interactive. Otherwise, you can always review competitors’ sites or apps.
- If you’re an incubator, accelerator or similar, we can train companies on your premises. Contact City Interaction Lab to find out how.