Next session scheduled for: July 2018 Details tbc
What is it?
Our training is offered as a course entitled UX Fundamentals. It takes place over two consecutive day-long sessions, covering core user experience concepts. You’ll discover ways to make your product more pleasurable and easier to use, which will encourage customer loyalty and save you money in the long run.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn key concepts of user experience design and the user centred design process. This includes:
- User research techniques
- Information architecture
- User journeys
- Interaction design
- Usability evaluation
What happens during training?
Over the two days, your trainer will explain the relevant concepts, alongside group and individual practical activities. Plus, you’ll have opportunities to apply what you’re learning to your product.
Do I need prior UX knowledge?
We assume you have no prior training or understanding of UX before signing up. And it doesn’t matter whether your business has been operating for many years or you barely have a minimum viable product (MVP) – UX fundamental training is highly versatile. If you know a little bit about UX, it can help you keep your ideas clear. If you’re a total newcomer, it can start you down a path to designing more customer-friendly products.
- Training is provided at no cost to eligible companies.
- It takes place on-campus at City, University of London.
- You’re asked to arrive at 9.45 for a 10.00 start.
- Sessions usually run until about 17.00.
- At sign up, you’ll need to leave a £50 refundable deposit. This will be returned to you once you’ve completed both days of training.
- You don’t to bring anything to the sessions, but you’ll it’s useful to have something to review. That includes wireframes, either printed out or interactive. Otherwise, you can always review competitors’ sites or apps.
- If you’re an incubator, accelerator or similar, we can train companies on your premises. Contact City Interaction Lab to find out how.
Frequently asked questions
How can UX Fundamentals training help me?
UX Fundamentals training will help you in a number of ways:
- It will help you understand how you can design with your users in mind. This is invaluable when it comes to signing up new customers and keeping them loyal.
- It will help you stay in control of your product innovation. Rather than adding new features because developers think it’s a good idea or investors would like to see it, your greater understanding of customers’ needs mean you’ll know what questions to ask about your oﬀering when it comes to the next development stage.
- Understanding UX best practice and implementing it early on means less time and money spent ﬁxing it further along in your development and release schedule.