What is snapshot user testing?
Snapshot user testing is a lightweight version of a traditional usability test. It’s perfect for startups because it’s a quick and cost-effective way to discover issues that put customers off your product.
We’ll test your product or service with three representative users, then take you through the findings in a workshop. That avoids the expense of compiling a time-consuming report.
How does it work?
Snapshot user testing at StartUX is simple to arrange:
- A StartUX consultant will meet you to discuss your needs and priorities
- Your consultant generates a plan and script to test your product
- You choose three participants based on guidelines agreed with your consultant
- Your consultant will conduct the test sessions, which are fully recorded. You can watch if you like (which we’d recommend)
- Following the workshop, you and your consultant take part in a workshop where you discuss the most important findings. That enables you to pinpoint the most important issues to address and set up a usability action plan.
What can you test?
We can test full releases, MVPs and wireframes with this technique. However, as it can be difficult for members of the public to imagine functionality on static wireframes, so it might be better suited to those with interactive wireframes or prototypes, minimum viable products (MVPs) or more formal product releases.
- Snapshot user testing through StartUX is available at no cost to eligible companies.
- Introductory briefings meetings usually take around an hour or two.
- You will be required to supply three test participants.
- We can carry out the user testing at your premises or somewhere convenient to you. In some cases, we may use City Interaction Lab.
- The user test sessions take around 3-4 hours.
- The resulting workshops also take around 3-4 hours.
- Any number of stakeholders from your company can observe testing and participate in the findings workshop.
- If you’d like more detailed usability testing, speak to us about hiring City Interaction Lab.
Frequently asked questions
Am I eligible for training or snapshot user test if I’ve had an expert review?
If we think it might benefit you, we may advise you to take our UX Fundamentals training before signing up to another service. But we can discuss this once you’ve filled in your application form.
What if I can’t find three participants?
We may be able to help you find participants, as long as they’re truly representative of your intended user. Talk to us about this.